The Beauty Movement
As a makeup artist specializing in bridal makeup, I wanted to discuss the importance of the bridal trial. I get a lot of questions about the trial and many brides are not convinced that it is necessary. The truth is simple – a trial is VERY IMPORTANT. Before saying ‘I do’ to a future makeup artist, consider these many reasons for having a bridal trial first:
1. Two peas in a Pod. This is a chance for you – the bride to be, to meet the person who will be getting you ready for one of the biggest days of your life. It is very important to meet your makeup artist and hair stylist prior to your big day to guarantee your personalities are compatible, and that you have an understanding of each other’s styles. Some makeup artists may have a more theatrical makeup style or a more outrageous personality, which may or may not be a good fit with you and your style. Consider the trial like a first date. If you feel comfortable at the trial you will feel relaxed knowing you are in and good hands on your wedding day.
2. It’s All About You! When you meet up with your makeup artist and hairstylist prior to your wedding you have the opportunity to discuss your bridal “vision”. You will discuss the look that you are going for, and the overall feel you want for yourself and your bridesmaids. There are an abundance of different bridal looks; classic, simple, rustic, romantic and the list goes on. It is very important that you and your future makeup artist/ hair stylist share your vision and can achieve it together.
3. Details, details, details. Not only do you get to discuss your vision, you also get to discuss your skin type, colour choices and makeup preferences in depth during your trial. This is the time where your makeup artist will take into consideration all of the above factors and ensure that the products used on you are the best for your skin type, while having the most staying power throughout your big day. This is also a great opportunity to get a list of the products that were used on your face as you might want to buy the lipstick and powders for touching up throughout the night. You will also get a chance to discuss your hair. If you are considering hair extensions you will talk about colour matching and additional costs involved at your trial. My hair extensions of choice are Le Angelique (www.leangelique.com) Angel hair, as they are by far the best quality on the market and they hold curl like no other brand.
4. No Surprises. Wedding days can be a bit stressful for some, as there are so many things to do and remember. The last thing you need are any surprises when it comes to your hair and makeup. A trial will ensure that you are happy with your overall look. As a result, you can rest at ease knowing that you will be walking down the aisle looking and feeling beautiful, radiant and confident.
5. Picture Perfect. Pictures last a lifetime, so don’t hold back on finding the perfect makeup artist and hair stylist for your big day. As it is impossible to redo your wedding day pictures, a trial is best to avoid the lasting effects of any wedding picture disappointments when it comes to your hair and makeup.
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding day! Best of luck finding the makeup artist of your dreams to help you get ready for that very important Kiss.
The Beauty Movement xo