We are thrilled to have Dr. Haq from Integra Health join us to share her knowledge and expertise. Her approach is gentle and very honest. She will ensure that you are 100% comfortable with your decision. The appointment consists of a 1on1 consultation where you discuss your desired outcome and decide which direction to take.
The cost per unit is $10 and will be dependent on the number you and the doctor decide on together.
Loving all things glam and bubbly as we do, it should come as no surprise that the title of this month’s blog post is…
The Benefits of Blowouts and Bubbly!
Now some of you are laughing I’m sure, but read us out! There are actual benefits covering everything from your budget to your bathroom storage. Why this topic you ask? Well, each and every Friday is our Blowout and Bubbly special! Join us and you can grab a drool-worthy blowout, plus a glass of bubbly, and enjoy some great tunes, all for $35! We LOVE this idea and want to share it because we know you will too.
Now let’s get to the science-ish…
Benefits of a Blowout:
1. Great hair Okay, this one is obvious, but we are talking beyond the fabulous styling by our talented team. Our fabulous blowouts, along with a little maintenance can last anywhere from 3-5 days. This means less styling and less heat, which will help to reduce split ends and heat damage. And less shampooing means your hair and scalp aren’t stripped of the oils they need to stay healthy. See? We’ve got you thinking now, don’t we?
2. Budget and Bathroom Storage If you’ve ever spent money on hair products or purchased products from your local salon, you know this is a big one! We only use products we love and trust like Oribe, Sebastian, KMS, Joico, and Electric London. And we have professional, top of the line hairdryers, brushes, and other tools. This means for a single blowout, we’re using hundreds of dollars worth of product and storing 5-6 bottles, plus tools. Wow right? By coming into the studio for your blowout, you save on your bottom line and your bathroom storage. So, have you booked yet?
3. It’s all about YOU In our busy, busy lives it is easy to put ourselves last, but as the saying goes, you cannot pour from an empty cup. It’s important to remember that YOU matter too and what better way to treat yourself than with a great hair day? You could do it yourself at home of course, but it’s never the same. You can’t reach all the angles our stylists can, no matter how practised you are. And so you struggle for 40 minutes, get frustrated, burn your fingers, and maybe swear. All before 9 am or before a fun night out.
OR you can come to our little studio and enjoy a relaxing full wash and style by one of our lovely stylists. Luxuriate in a nourishing organic chia seed hear mask and scalp massage. And then enjoy a mimosa or glass of bubbly while we work our magic on your hair. Sounds sooo good right?!
But wait – there’s MORE! Not only are blowouts good for the wallet, hair, and mind, but Bubbly is actually good for you! You’re laughing again, we know. But again, read us out…
Benefits of Bubbly
1. It’s bubbly This one is a no brainer. It’s bubbly, delicious, and makes us feel fabulous and sophisticated. Remember that scene in The Great Gatsby, where Leonardo DiCaprio (swoon) is holding up the glass of bubbly amongst all the revelry?
2. Your heart and brain LOVE it And not just for the reasons you think. Like Red Wine, Champagne has polyphenols which are shown to lower blood pressure and prevent heart problems such as strokes and heart disease. Also, in some studies, it’s shown to increase memory and help prevent degenerative brain disorders. You’re welcome!
3. The Skin and Skinny of it Bubbly is a great detoxifier, with antioxidants and lightening properties that help even out the skin tone. Ever seen a Formula One Driver? In addition, with fewer calories than wine, it’s a great choice for those who are watching their waistlines or really love pasta. Cheers!
Essentially, we have used a lot of words to convey a single point – blowouts and bubbly ROCK! They’re good for you, your hair, your budget, your storage, your brain, skin, and waistline and well, are just plain enjoyable!
Book yours HERE today and let’s get fabulous together!
Below we have listed what we truly believe are the best wedding venues in Toronto, Ontario. We hope to give you major inspiration on the ideal setting for your wedding in and around the GTA.
Given that our fabulous bridal hair and makeup team has experience most venues in Toronto (maybe even a few times each!), we are the ideal group to highlight what truly are the top Toronto wedding venues available in Downtown and surrounding areas
Top Wedding Venues: Toronto, Ontario & GTA
Your wedding location, in Toronto or otherwise, is one of the first big decisions you will make in your wedding planning. And needless to say, it sets the tone for your wedding and all the decisions that follow.
Whether your wedding will be big or small, outdoor or indoor, casual or formal, elegant or boho, it doesn’t matter. The 6ix doesn’t lack glam venue choices for you to select from! And here at The Blush Parlour, we have the inside scoop:
The Toronto Hunt Club
Founded in 1895, The Toronto Hunt Club packs on the charm, with rolling greenery and beautifully charactered interiors. Think of old-world charm and an outdoor feel, but with all the amenities you need to pull off one epic wedding! Bonus? The guys might be able to get a round of golf in before the big day.
Why we love The Toronto Hunt Club:
Seats up to 180 guests
Menu Tasting for the Bride and Groom
Onsite Photography Locations
All Location Rental and Set-Up Fees
Private Bridal Suite/Washrooms
Bridal Suite Lunch and Champagne Service
Graydon Hall Manor
We don’t know about you, but anything built for a wealthy man in the roaring ’20s has our vote for a fabulous venue and Graydon Hall Manor doesn’t disappoint.
Think romantic vistas, beautiful gardens, and bubbling fountains. Inside, the elegance and luxury you would expect from the era captured in the rooms ornate detailing, large fireplaces and period furniture.
Why we Love Graydon Hall Manor:
Spectacular gardens – for cocktails, dining, or breathtaking photos
Elegant dining rooms
Private bridal dressing room
Terrace canopy to seat up to 250 guests
Parking for 120 cars
Facilities to host up to 250 guests for a seated reception
The Great Hall
History-loving brides and grooms, we’ve got you covered! The Great Hall located in Toronto’s West End has a classic Victorian feel but with 21st-century sensibilities. With four separate rooms, each with their own distinct charm and personality, customizing your perfect day and night has never been easier.
And with whitewashed interiors, large windows, a movie-esque stage and red brick facade, they’ve got your photo backdrops covered! It is definitely of the unique wedding venues in Downtown Toronto.
Why We LoveThe Great Hall:
• String lighting • Uplighting packages • Bridal suites • Silk draping decor • Valet parking • Speciality drink creations • Custom-tailored rental packages • Sound and lighting systems
When you are choosing a venue owned by O&B you know you’re event will be fabulous! Whichever venue you choose in the O&B empire includes personalized consulting and access to their full-service planning studio and of course, their incredible service and cuisine.
For this post though we want to highlight Malaparte. It is one of the best venues for those of you who want one of the few true wedding venues in downtown Toronto with all the vibes of the 6ix! Located on the 6th floor of the TIFF Bell Lightbox, you’ll enjoy floor to ceiling windows, incredible city views and a rooftop reception space.
Why we love this Downtown Toronto Venue:
• Service staff • Table numbers • Printed menus • Tables & chairs • In-house dance floor • outdoor games • table flatware & glassware • standard white linens (tablecloths and napkins) • Can accommodate 150 seated, 300 for a reception • outdoor lounge furniture • fully dressed 1400 sq. ft. tent with draped ceiling and chandeliers
The Estates of Sunnybrook
With three separate buildings, each more fabulous than the first, The Estates of Sunnybrook truly has something for everyone. Want formal ballrooms and grandiose architecture? Then, Vaughan Estate is your venue. Having a smaller, more intimate wedding? Then you will want to choose The Coach House.
Looking for gardens and a romantic ambience? McLean House is your best bet. And with each building self-contained, including venue, washrooms, gardens and entrance, you won’t have to worry about run-ins with rival weddings. Just kidding about the rival part – maybe.
Why we Love this Venue:
Rental cost covers the cost of the room set-up; standard tables & chairs, white linens, tableware and candles, plus the cost of servers and bartenders
A Maitre d’ dedicated to your event is also included (seriously, how cool is this?)
That wraps up what are our top choices for the best wedding wedding venues in Toronto, the GTA and surrounding areas in Ontario. But stay tuned: we will be highlighting even more Toronto wedding locations in this amazing area!
And remember – no matter which venue you choose, stay true to your vision. It’s your big day, no one else’s, so be a little selfish if you need to, and have the BEST time!
Ready to move onto the next step of wedding planning? We would love to beautify you and your wedding party on your big day!